10.3.15

An Influential Event

This happened on May 22 2008, ten days after the Wenchuan Earthquake. We were having PE lesson. The teacher dismissed us and let us do whatever we want. It seemed like a good afternoon until someone shouting my name. Then I saw my best friend in a spasm, twitching his arms and legs on the ground. The scene really scared me and my mind went totally blank. Soon later, he was picked up by school doctor and then sent to hospital. Even till now, he cannot remember anything happened that afternoon. Seeing my best friend laying on the ground made me realize how vulnerable we are and how easily we could be destroyed. I am a freethinker so I will not say our lives are given by God or other forms of supernatural power, but still, we need to cherish every day we have, because we do not know what would happen to us tomorrow,since we are so vulnerable.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Zheng Da,

    I like how you have reflected on life based on the incident which did not happen to you.However, you mentioned in your last few sentence about God and supernatural power and in your first paragraph, Earthquake. Hence, i am not sure whether your friend had a muscle cramp/ being possess or what cause him to be paralyzed on the ground?

    It will be good to extend more on your personal reflection after the incident!

    Jie Rui

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in Xi'an at that time and I also went through that terrible disaster. The feeling of shaking is still in my mind. Hope it will never happen again.

    ReplyDelete